Welcome to the Prime Studentenwohnen (“Prime”) privacy notice.
Prime respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
http://primestudentenwohnen.de/ is a site operated by Prime Studentenwohnen, which is the trading name of Prime Student Living Deutschland S.à.r.l (Registration Number B 188 519) (“we”, “our” or “us” as the case may be). Our registered office is at 9 allee Scheffer, L 2520, Luxembourg. The managers are Michael Sharples, Richard Malkin & Mark Lee.
Prime Student Living Deutschland S.à.r.l. is a subsidiary of Crosslane Capital S.à.r.l. (Registration Number B 178 386) and whose registered address is at 9 allee Scheffer, L 2520, Luxembourg. The managers are Michael Sharples, Richard Malkin & Mark Lee.
1) Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Prime collects and processes your personal data through your use of the website (http://primestudentenwohnen.de/), including any data you may provide through the website when you purchase our services, use your account or take part in competitions or promotions from time to time.
We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We have appointed a data protection manager (DPM) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPM using the details set out below.
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection (including to make a data subject access request) our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Prime Student Living Deutschland S.à.r.l
Name or title: Data Protection Manager
Email address: GDPR@crosslanegroup.com
Postal address: Suite 3D MIOC, Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5WB
Telephone number: 0161 499 7871
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
2) The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data through our website such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We also do not collect any information about criminal convictions or offences.
3) How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, for example to:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website; request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including as set out below:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources.
4) How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
Promotional Offers from Us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Crosslane group of companies (or those associated companies with shared common ownership) for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of any activities in relation to the performance of our contract with you.